Monday, February 16, 2009

My double secret life!

Yes, it's true...I'm a middle school teacher in real life, but most of you know that already. I've been blogging with my students for the past two years and have found it to be incredibly valuable. Here are two of my informational blogs (ones students don't post on) for any other crafty teachers out there.

The make.a.difference project is a year-long 8th grade project in which each of my 8th graders is required to choose a person or an organization that has made a positive impact on humanity. They research, write, present, and do 8 hours of community service based on their project.



The middle school advisory blog is designed for teachers that are using an advisory program. We meet our advisory 3 times a week for a theme based life skill or character building lesson. The goal is to have the student be able to connect with an adult in the school community where the advising teacher acts as an advocate for the child.

No comments: