Saturday, June 20, 2009

remember when series... art.gallery.fringe 4.10.2007


This is one of my all time favorite pieces that I still wear today. It has evolved from resin charms to soldered charms, but the sentiment is still the same. I created adorable soldered necklaces and keychains from this original creation, which I had given to my kids' teachers...talk about a huge hit! I have made many of these for clients that have send me large envelopes of preschool art for me to create these lovely keepsakes. It is so much fun to go through the piles of sweet little pictures and then transform them into an heirloom item! This item falls into my button.wear category. Have you ever noticed that I put dots in between my titles of categories and items? Believe it or not, there is a reason...just like my film strip gallery frames that I discussed in a previous post. I am a full time English teacher on top of being the creative force behind reillybelle original designs, and decided years ago that I would incorporate strong punctuation (the period) in between all of my words to represent that I'm not only a jeweler, but a teacher. This has even crossed over to my school projects! Last year, I introduced the make.a.difference project. All of these little things have helped brand reillybelle over the past six years. There is a reason behind everything I do! I don't stock these anymore, but am always happy to take custom orders for art.gallery necklaces, bracelets, zipper pulls, and key chains. It truly makes the perfect gift for a mom, grandmom, or teacher!

No comments: